Travel search site Wego and travel review partners TrustYou published one of the most awaited list on 18 June 2015. This list consists of the top 15 destinations with the best hotel reviews for wellness throughout Asia for the first quarter of 2015.
Least to our surprise Bali tops the list. Three Indian destinations (New-Delhi, Jaipur, and Mumbai) are also included in the list. Jaipur makes it to top 10. Matter of proud, aye folks?
With the advancement of science and technology, and touch of Mother Nature, some destinations eventually imply relaxation and rejuvenation.
The Global Spa & Wellness Economy Monitor values the worth of wellness tourism- US$3.4 trillion, a number that’s expected to continue to grow exponentially each year.
Hey! Don’t disappoint yourself. Who says there’s only one way? I give you 10 ways or let’s say 10 places to attain inner peace at any point of your time you feel like in wellness holidays.
Now the million dollar question, what are wellness holidays? We humans, basically tend to improve our physical health either though physical activities of spiritual means (YOGA). With the world turning into a more stressful place to live in, the demand for these holidays is on a constant rise.
Top 10 destinations in Asia to rejoice and rejuvenate
1. Bali- Bali is an Indonesian island known for its forested volcanic mountains, iconic rice paddies, beaches and coral reefs. The island is home to religious sites such as Cliffside Uluwatu Temple. To the south, the beachside city of Kuta has lively bars, while Seminyak, Sanur and Nusa Dua are popular resort towns. The island is gaining popularity in tourism for its yoga and meditation retreats.
Bali has a promising reputation for perfecting the wellness retreat combining specialised luxury spas with unique traditional and natural therapies. This is just irresistible for tourists.
Its flourishing popularity is reflected in the number of airlines now offering direct flight connections from as far away as Dubai, as well as an expanding portfolio of spa resorts. The Island of the Gods registers twice in the top 15 with Ubud, in Bali’s hinterland, scoring 85.7 percent; the location a hub for seekers of rejuvenation and a renewed life balance.
2. Phnom Penh- Phnom Penh, once known as THE PEARL OF ASIA. It is Cambodia’s busy capital, sits right in the middle of the Mekong and Tonlé Sap rivers. Both the Khmer Empire and French colonialists embarked it as an important city, their hub.
The riverfront is lined with parks, restaurants and bars, is the ornate Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda and the National Museum, displaying artefacts from around the country. At the city’s heart is massive, art deco Central Market.
Phnom Penh, like other Asian-City tourist destinations, is in the midst of rapid change. Over the past few years the numbers of restaurants and hotels have grown considerably and in the last year there had been a huge increase in the number of visitors. The essence of healthy heritage is solely responsible for attracting the tourists.
3. Siem Reap– The resort town of Siem Reap, in north-western Cambodia, is gateway to the ruins of Angkor, the seat of the Khmer kingdom from the 9th-15th centuries. Angkor’s vast complex of intricate stone buildings includes preserved Angkor Wat, the main temple, which is pictured on Cambodia’s flag. Giant, mysterious faces are carved into the Bayon temple at Angkor Thom.
Siem reap resides in the lap of greenery. Number of nature and ecotourism sites (Kulen Water fall Tonle Sap lake) where many kind of water birds and other animals live.
A trip to Siem Reap is a great opportunity for all tourists to have a good understanding of Khmer culture such as art, traditional music and dance, literature, language and Khmer society through food, lifestyle and the attitude of Cambodia people.
4. Malé– Take a dive in alcohol-free capital of Republican of Maldives. This beautiful city is one of the favourite destinations of tourists for a proper family vacation. Tourism is the largest industry in the Maldives, accounting for 28% of GDP and more than 60% of the Maldives’ foreign exchange receipts.
The GDP per capita expanded by 265% in the 1980s and a further 115% increment in the 1990s was calculated. Over 90% of government tax revenue comes from import duties and tourism-related taxes. Malé, the capital, has many tourist attractions and nearby resorts.
The central harbour and port of the Maldives is located in Malé, the centre for all commercial activities. Maldivian, the airline of the Maldives, has its head office in Malé as does the airline FlyMe.
So, in case you prefer a peaceful vacation with your family, Malé has the best to serve to you.
5. Hong Kong– Hong Kong is a city, and former British colony, in south-eastern China. Vibrant and densely populated, it’s a major port and global financial centre famed for its tower-studded skyline. It’s also known for its lively food scene – from Cantonese dim sum to extravagant high tea – and its shopping, with options spanning chaotic Temple Street Night Market to the city’s innumerable bespoke tailors.
As Asia’s world city, Hong Kong has much to offer to you as a visitor, whether you are coming here on business or for pleasure:
Hong Kong is known as a city of charm: the sophistication of an international city, cultural diversity and cosmopolitan lifestyle are at the very core of Hong Kong’s attractions.
Natural beauty: the tempting fragrance, not only gives it a beautiful look but a healthier perspective.
6. Hanoi– Hanoi is the capital city of Vietnam. It is known for its centuries-old architecture and a rich culture with Southeast Asian, Chinese and French influences. At its heart is the chaotic Old Quarter, where the narrow streets are roughly arranged by trade.
There are many little temples, including Bach Ma, honouring a legendary horse, plus Dong Xuan market, selling household goods and street food.
Health spas of Hanoi are famous in world. The richness of its culture provides an unparalleled escape from the stress.
7. Shanghai– Shanghai resides on China’s central coast. It is the country’s biggest city and a global financial hub. Its heart is the Bund, a famed waterfront promenade lined with colonial-era buildings. Across the Huangpu River rises Pudong’s futuristic skyline, including 632m Shanghai Tower and the Oriental Pearl TV Tower, with distinctive pink spheres. Sprawling Yuyuan Garden has traditional pavilions, towers and ponds.
Chuan Spa at The Langham, Xintiandi is the attribute of Chinese spa. Shanghai has been designed to create an ambience of tranquillity for both contemplation and inspiration.
In Chinese culture, flowing water is seen to be the source of life and balance; a key to keeping mind, body and soul in check. In Chinese, the word Chuan means a serene course of water and the Chuan Spa facilities are modeled to reflect this harmony by using the principles of Feng Shui.
The exclusive treatment facilities include herbal steam rooms, saunas, Jacuzzi and an ice experience which alongside The Langham’s exceptional service, makes Chuan Spa the perfect place to rediscover your source.
8. Hoi An– Hội An, is a city on Vietnam’s central coast known for its well-preserved Ancient Town, cut through with canals lays out a perfect example of engineering.
The former port city’s melting-pot history is reflected in its architecture, a mix of eras and styles from wooden Chinese shop houses and temples to colourful French colonial buildings, ornate Vietnamese tube houses and the iconic Japanese Covered Bridge with its pagoda.
The ministry of tourism has taken the wellness tourism into account. Hotels over here Provide several kinds of health spa, and natural therapies.
9. Beijing– Beijing, China’s massive capital has history stretching back 3 millennia. Yet it’s known as much for its modern architecture as its ancient sites such as the grand Forbidden City complex, the imperial palace during the Ming and Qing dynasties.
Nearby, the massive Tiananmen Square pedestrian plaza is site of Mao Zedong’s mausoleum and the National Museum of China, displaying a vast collection of cultural relics.
China is one of leading country in terms of technology. They way they’ve preserved their heritage is remarkable. When a perfect combination of advanced science and unique ancient therapies is served together you get a flawless wellness holiday.
10. Jaipur- The PINK of the country. Jaipur is also known as the land of legacies. The land of rich traditions and timeless heritage.
To this land comes Asia’s most loved spa with its award winning rejuvenating therapeutic practices and a tranquil ambience that would put the most stressed mind at peace.
The Aura Thai Spa in Jaipur is not only the ultimate destination for your health and beauty needs but also the first place in India to offer Meridian Fire Therapy for an out-of-this-world experience.
Unparalleled richness in health, and heritage is what attracts the tourists to one and only India.
Well! The idea of vacation never gets old. And to take some time out of your busy and stressful work is a reasonable and rational decision.
If you’re planning your next trip, which destination it would be, Or if you’ve been in any of the place, do share your experience with us in the comment section.