Contestants in a rat race (to achieve goals), human minds have lost the contact with their hearts. The hustle and bustle of our mundane lives seldom gives us space to focus on our health – both mental and physical. If World Health Organisation is to be believed, around 350 million people worldwide suffer mentally and the numbers unveiling physical health problems are even bleaker. The underlying reason is but obviously, the general neglect of health and dearth of human contact. With everything going digital, lethargy and indifference to relations have crept into human flesh. Much evidently, this has had a devastating effect on one’s health.
This has therefore become imperative for every success-seeker (EVERYONE) to realise that health plays pedestal for the tower of success. To succeed, one must be healthy. Hence, here are we facilitating you with some easy ways to improve health without much efforts! Yes, you read it right. Simple yet effective.
Drink More Water:
Water is called a ‘magic’ drink for a reason. Health benefits of drinking appropriate amount of water extend from improving the metabolism to strengthening the immune system. Bonus: An unmatched glow in the skin!
Recommended: Four to five litres of water a day does the following wonders:
- Not only does it oxygenate blood and help remove pimples and moles; Water can be the answer to all girls who seek to reduce their weight. Research has shown that drinking 500ml water prior to each of your daily meals could cause you to eat fewer calories per meal, triggering weight loss.
- Being well hydrated empowers body with the power to fight infections and cold sores.
- Composed of 85% water, human brain tends to deviate if they water level decreases. So, students listen up! Drink more water and improve your concentration power.
- Renders much needed energy to the body. As a matter of fact, it gives the maximum power. Given that your muscles are around 75% water, your bones are about 22% and your blood is around 83%; deficiency of water is sure a killer.
In the lieu of getting glowing skin or losing weight, do not drink excessive water. Drinking more than 5 litres of water per day for a week can wash away the minerals like Calcium and Magnesium present in your body. Their deficiency is known to cause health problems as well. Remember: Excess of anything is bad!
Hug The Ones You Love:
Human touch of affection, care, consolation are the most effective antidotes to depression. A twenty second hug is known to release the bonding hormone and neurotransmitter oxytocin, which is nature’s antidepressant and anti-anxiety drug.
Recommended: In words of Psychotherapist Virginia Satir: “We need 4 hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance. We need 12 hugs a day for growth.”
- Whilst a twenty-second hug is known to give instant relief from sadness, increase in the time of the hug can significantly lift one’s serotonin levels, elevating mood and creating happiness.
- Hugs strengthen immune system. The gentle pressure on the sternum activates the Solar Plexus Chakra. This stimulates the thymus gland, which regulates the body’s production of white blood cells. Balance of WBC in the body keeps one healthy and disease free.
- Hugs affect the moisture and electricity in skin, thereby rendering greater efficiency of the nervous system.
- Other than the scientific explanations, hugging a friend reflects your trust and affection. Such small acts strengthen relationships and people who are surrounded by friends have greater chances of coping with stress. Now who doesn’t know that?!
Some Most teenagers/millennials consider hugging as a cheesy act. Something that can be done only with their girlfriends and maybe mothers. So, before you try to hug a friend or your brother or sister, ask for permission. Who knows they label your loving and perhaps a needy act as a cheesy one? Beware!
There’s nothing better than a breath of fresh air. Nature has got enough for everybody’s need. Ever wondered why one feels so happy on hill stations? It’s the forests, the air that soothes the souls and bestows upon one – eternal bliss.
Recommended: At least once a day. Take out some “me” time with the nature. Just three entities spending time with one another – You, Nature and Happiness. 🙂
“For once on the face of the Earth; let’s not speak in any language, let’s stop for one second, and not move our arms so much… “, Pablo Neruda
- For corporate slaves, this is worth a thousand expensive drugs. Walking helps your legs regain their strength and the body relaxes.
- Regular 15 minute walks for a month can help one improve their vital capacity (capacity of lungs to inhale/exhale) and reduce blood pressure.
- Spending time with nature gives the much needed relief from the monotonous life routine. It is relief to the soul.
- Natural elements like plants, trees, water and sunlight have been said to absorb negative energy. Hence, when you come back after a walk, you return with a wonderful gift – optimism.
Don’t start to cringe at your life and think why you can’t spend rest of your life near nature. Don’t ask questions you know the answers to or the ones you don’t want to. Enjoy the moment. Take it as a therapy.
Discipline Eating and Sleeping Habits:
Remember when teachers would rip your ears off lecturing about discipline in life? Well, they were right all the time. Discipline plays an integral role in your health process. Discipline in your eating and sleeping habits decide your health as much as a king decides on his kingdom.
Recommended: Never miss your breakfast and sleep 7 hours a day (peak time: 1 a.m. to 4 a.m.)
- After waking up in the morning, one’s body needs two things the most. One: Water and the other: Food. (Though, a bath is also necessary. :p) Our body should not be deprived of these two to maintain proper metabolism for the day.
- Research claims that people who miss breakfast are at two times greater danger of a heart attack than those who eat their breakfast regularly. Just a meal and you can literally add days to your life!
- Human body struggles to resurrect its functionality for a fortnight, if it is kept deprived of sleep for a night. So, do yourself a favour and do away with night parties and religious ‘jagrans’.
- Eating heavy breakfast lowers the urge to eat heavy throughout the day and hence it contributes to wait loss. Also, one’s cholesterol levels drop if they regularly eat breakfast.
Eating unhealthy, junk food in breakfast is as lethal to health as not eating breakfast at all. Sleep but don’t be a “Kumbhkarna”. Eat healthy, green vegetables and for more information, please contact your mom! She’ll be glad to hear you concerned about health.
Appreciate Your Positives, Laugh on The Negatives:
Mind is the charioteer of your body. “We become what we think.”, Swami Vivekanada.
So train your mind to appreciate your success, celebrate small things in life and learn to laugh on your mistakes. Learn from your mistakes and laugh them away.
- When you appreciate yourself, your echo your belief that if you have done this, you can do better. There’s not better motivation than this!
- When you laugh on your failures, you become free of them. For to laugh on it, one needs to accept it with grace. Congratulations, you can now learn and win it over this time.
- Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
- Appreciating what you have and writing it down can elevate your blood flow.
Set high but achievable targets, and reward yourself once those targets are achieved. Never set sights at anything less than the moon.
STOP SMOKING. NOW.
- EVERY BODY KNOWS WHY. ALL KNOW THE BENEFITS.
You can thank us later. Go Improve your health now! 🙂